Monday, November 26, 2007

Barbi Hair Implant Disasters

On Turkey Day, my nephew Joey told me that there was a mixup at a toy factory in China one time. Somebody got the voice-boxes mixed up. They stuck some Talking Barbi parts in some Talking G.I. Joes, and vice versa. Imagine the horror when so many little boys opened up their G.I.Joes, gave them a squeeze and heard:

"I have a date with Ken tonight!"

And the disgust of so many little girls when their Barbis barked out:

""A" Squad! Take that hill!"

I laughed and laughed about that.

Some years ago I read about (and saw pictures of!) some Barbis that somehow made it all the way to the toy-store shelves. The Hair Sticker-inner at the factory must have been manned by some real sleepy-head. A number of Barbis had long locks of hair seemingly growing from their foreheads, cheeks and chins! Strangely enough, these weren't returned but were snatched up by collectors who prize them above all others!